SEASON AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR 21-22
- The safety of players and their families is of paramount importance.
- Members (players and their parents) and coaches are responsible for complying with the orders of state and local health departments, with USA Hockey and MidAm requirements, with the rules of any venues where activities take place, and with Athens Hockey policies. The Board must hold them accountable.
- Players should have the opportunity to play hockey this season.
- Bird Arena remains our "hockey home", but our season planning must move forward before Bird Arena has settled guidance from Ohio University
21-22 Registration Options:
- Team-based travel hockey for ages 9 thru high school
- Will take place regardless of when Bird Arena opens.
- 10U, 12U, and 14U Travel Teams will participate in the Buckeye Travel Hockey League.
- High School Travel Team will participate in the Ohio Scholastic Hockey League.
- Requires commitment to participate at other rinks (Columbus, Charleston) for "home" on-ice activities until Bird Arena is available.
- $50 deposit, additional payments begin October 1 after team's first on-ice activity
- Zero-Travel Hockey for ages 4 thru 10
- Play begins when Bird Arena is available, but no earlier than September 27, and total fee will be prorated based on Bird Arena's availability
- Two divisions, 6U / 8U and 10U / 12U
- $10 deposit, additional payments begin after the first on-ice activity at Bird Arena, and no earlier than October 1.
***** PLEASE REGISTER FOR PAYMENT IN INSTALLMENTS. *****
(1) Educate yourself and your player about COVID-19 using these resources from the Ohio Department of Health
(2) Need financial assistance in these uncertain times? Help available, courtesy of the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation.
(3) Time to Register!
(4)At least one parent or guardian must complete SafeSport training
(5)Is your player birth year 2004 or older? They must complete SafeSport training before they can be rostered.